Saturday, January 16, 2010

Technology and the idiot (me)

Long break from blogging due to something I did to my computer that even the spotty youths at the computer shop were baffled by, as in "you did what?...and it what? so about the whisky stains....."

Any road up I just got Skype. I love it to bits! It's so easy to use. I double click on a name and there they are, a video call. Of course I have to phone by land line first to make a "date."

I was so excited when I got it that I wanted to use it straight away, but first to work out what time it is on the other side of the world. I had to wake Homer up to ask him what time it would be in England....after much cursing he told me and I realised my sister would be at work. I called her work number and got her answer phone, so I left a message and hung up.

Slightly miffed at not playing with my new toy I got on with other things. Half an hour later I heard "Bing bong...Your call has been terminated".

Apparently I hadn't hung up, just recorded my daily activities for my sister. She informs me that she cannot delete the "message" but will have to listen to it in its entirety. I'm left wondering what I did in that twenty minutes that might be embarrassing if she overhears it.....

No comments: