Yesterday was my birthday and I got presents. Presents with thought behind them!
1. Homer had scoured the Internet and got me two books of Wilfred Owen's poetry. Not to every ones taste but I find it very moving, if in a rather gruesome way.
2. My sister sent my wedding album, having rescued it from the dank room it was being stored in in the UK.
3. My father finally sent my mothers hand written recipe books, which go back to the turn of the last century with recipes having been written in by my Great Aunt Ruby and my Great Great grandmother. (Faggots wrapped in caul anyone?)
4. My sister, dad and sister sent flowers.
5. Homer took me shopping, and didn't complain when we went to more than one shop, and made me spend money on myself.
6. My birthday tea was fast food, followed by eclairs. I get to do that once a year. The extra salt has put three kilos of water on me over night so an extra diuretic needed this morning, but its only once a year!
7. I gave myself a designer sofa makeover...sad but true, new cushions and a throw rug.
I spent the day lounging on my newly dressed sofa saying "peel me a grape". (Which no-one did). I spent the evening telling the children to sit on the floor so they didn't disprupt my cushions. (Which they ignored). I did make them have a bath before they sat on it so they didn't get muddy footprints on it, that won't last.
Things I have Said To My Husband Today
2 years ago