Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Woe is me...

My eldest child (#1) is in the Navy now. We took him to Townsville yesterday to join up. Then the nasty men took him away on plane to Melbourne.(Otherwise known as a place too far away for me to go and rescue him in one day.)

I have been practising hurling my arms around him a crying out "Don't Go, Dont go!" . Alternatively, I throw my arms around his shoulders crying out "Don't take my baby, Don't take my baby!" I have practised this so often at home that after enlistment when I went to give him a good-bye hug he flinched slightly, expecting me to show him up. Oh well at least he knows his mum.

I waited a full eight hours to ring him after he left.

Me: So was the flight all right?
#1: There was two
Me Did you change at Sydney?
#1: Uh
Me: Who told you where to go?
#1: We were unacompanied. (Sounding proud here)
Me: So you were ok with that? (Thinking to self, well I did see a girl with them, and he has reached Melbourne)
#1: It was Ok there was a girl with us.
Me: So, where are you now?
#1: Airport
Me:?
#1: We've got to wait for a bus before I can eat again. I haven't had anything since we landed.
Me: But you had breakfast and a meal voucher for lunch,
#1: And a meal on each plane ride
Me:?
#1:And now I've got to wait till we get to the barracks to eat again.

I hope the Navy has a lot of food, but they will won't they, they're used to teenage boys.

Note to self: Watch out when buying groceries, food will not be disappearing from fridge overnight as if by magic.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Love you sense of humour! Style is somewhat similar to mine. Please take a little look at mine as well.

Unknown said...

wow.nice
http://entertainment-king.blogspot.com/

ALEFH GUSTAVO said...

seu blog ta maneiro em

ALEFH GUSTAVO said...

seu blog ta maneiro em

Anonymous said...

Eve, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: http://forex-highest-paying-keyword.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Your blog article is very interesting and fanatic, at the same time the blog theme is unique and perfect, great job. To your success, one of the more impressive blogs I’ve seen. Thanks so much for keeping the internet classy for a change.

Atlanta Alarm Monitoring

kalvin said...

The first component you should install is the main control panel. Drill holes in the wall and anchor the panel into place. The screws that come with your system should suffice unless you are not mounting it to a stud, in which case you will need molly bolts or drywall anchors.
home security system houston

texasalarm said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......Nice post Dude keep it up.



I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable and legislative information with your post......
Also click on these keywords :-- Home Security | Home Monitoring | Security Monitoring | Wireless Home Security | Home alarm | Wireless Home alarm | burglar alarm | Americas Ultimate Security | home security alarm | security System | alarm system

visio2010sale said...

Visio Visio 2010 2010 introduces many new features, which makes Visio more powerful and easy to use.Visio Ribbon UI comes with a redesigned "Shapes (Shapes) window (below shows the window Microsoft visio 2010 to expand and collapse mode), through the window, you can favorite Visio shape from multiple mold combinationto a view.One of the enhancements is the Quick Shapes floating toolbar, which enables you to hover and click on a shape to Microsoft visio 2010 download automatically connect to a new shape, such as the following screenshot shows. Visio 2010 download

iss pyar ko kia naam doon said...

Nice blogger

Pet Food Delivery said...

I enjoyed to read your post. I will visit your site which you update here again.
Pet Food
Thanks............