Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I've been feeling ill

I haven't posted much recently, because I have been a sick as a parrot, a parrot that's eaten something that severely disagrees with it!

My first question on arriving at a new location is always " Where's the toilet?" This was beginning to wear a bit thin...The library actually gave me the toilet door key when I arrived last week, to save time, and the doctors surgery told me I had about five minutes before the doctor was ready...to save coming out in the middle of the consult?

I was sent for an allergy test....I have my doubts about this test as it is non-invasive. The test is based on the principals of Chinese medicine and acupuncture, electrodes and stuff. Unconvinced I sat down and the tester did a control reading, all was well. She put the first test substance in and leant forward, tapped her machines, shook her head and replaced the test vial with something else. Still nothing, she leant forward and banged the machine a little harder.

New test substance...bells, whistles and flashing lights...that was more like it. Apparently not , apparently this means that the substance is something I am not sensitive to. This happened far too infrequently for my liking.

The upshot is that I am unable to eat any dairy, wheat, pork, nuts or yeast ( and a few other things). That would make my favourite snack of a cheese sandwich a no go then, and spaghetti with cheese sauce, and lasagna, and three cheese ravioli, and bacon sandwiches....As I look back over the things I have eaten this week the reason I have been so sick has been abundantly clear, maybe.

Today is the first day of my new healthy diet, and we will see where four weeks of no dairy, wheat, nuts or yeast gets me.

It is likely to get me arrested in the first few days as I am something of a cheese addict and will have withdrawal symptoms. You know, unreasoning psychotic rage, mood swings and the inability to hold a conversation with some one I don't like without telling them so.

I have plenty of recipes to try, and re do that fit the bill however and I'm going to post them on my recipe page so I can find them again.
http://evesrecipes.blogspot.com/


No comments: