Monday, December 31, 2007

Driving lesson ( part 2)

Homer's birthday today so we get a phone call from Grumpy at 8.30am ( puleeese I'm on holiday here) asking which discworld novel his dad hasn't got yet. I tell him begrudgingly, as that puts a spanner in the works for next year's Christmas present. Well I've got 12 months to think of something else. Later he turns up without the Troll, clutching his L plates and the book for Homer's birthday. maybe the Troll was silent through fear yesterday? The book works and Homer takes him out driving again, in his car this time.
Things went better. Grumpy only looked away from the road to change gear........(that may need work) ......and only failed to stop at junctions. He stopped every other time he was asked. H says he took him somewhere quiet to practise stopping ( not starting you note) before he let him out on the road. Once on the road all that left him. It seems every one will get out of the way when they see him coming. I didn't want to ask if indicators were in use yet. It brought a picture to my mind of how H would be if HE was behind their car while all this was going on. later when I went for my nanny nap Grumpy asked if they could go again....the answer was no.....it was such a loud no that it woke me up. At least he's keen to improve .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I can picture a tiny car reversing out of a muddy field full to the brim with Homer, Grumpy and the Troll, struggling to keep it together. When I learnt to drive Emma took me out and tried in vain to teach me the concept of steering at a corner rather than in anticipation of it. Can't wait for the next installment!