Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Teenage boys eat A LOT

Son number one is seventeen . I can honestly say I not seen him in the last six months and he has not been eating, looking for food, or complaining that he has eaten the entire food output of a medium sized country ( say China) and is still hungry.

Its ten o'clock in the morning and he has eaten a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs (thank goddess we have chickens), a bag of fun sized chocolate (for the smaller children), a box of muesli bars, two pounds of bacon and a small child ( oh no sorry the small child is hiding in his room). Now he's looking at the chickens with a glint in his eye.

I get his attention by carefully placing myself between him and the fridge. ( I wear protective gear.) When challenged about this he states he does not eat much.

I commented on his capacity for food to his boss , who was stunned. He thought we didn't feed him at home. Apparently he buys two lunches at lunch time, and had been known to leave work during his breaks for a burger meal, or two.

We both stood back and looked at the boy. No he is only one boy, and not a fat one.

I am going to have to get a second job to pay for food when son#3 and #4 reach this age...at the same time!!!

No comments: