Monday, March 10, 2008

Bread maker issues

For Christmas I got a bread machine, something I've been after for a long time. I love it. It is a bit slow, but the time factor is not an issue as I haven't got to stand watching it,( except when I want to).

Any one who knows of a machine in Austarlia that makes normal sized and shaped loaves would be a friend for life though. This one makes loaves the right diameter but only "half length" compared to a normal loaf. With a family of six the bread doesn't last long.

Any hoo the issue is this. I've lost the darned measure for the bread machine. Experimentation with measuring by eye has proved to have mixed results. I've done a loaf that had to be scraped out of the machine and was last seen threatening a cat blob like in the corner of the garden and I've done one that I threw to the chickens. It didn't bounce and the chickens are using for a door stop.

Terry Pratchett's dwarf battle bread was made by me in my kitchen!

I am now going to have to go out and buy metric weights ( I know , only two decades late) to make bread with.

No comments: