Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The price of paradise


The price of living in paradise is clearly illustrated by this photo. It may indeed be a fake, but then I have seen one of these spiders up close, and it was as big as my husbands hand, and these birds are very small. Click here for more on this story. Of course there's always this gem as shown on the right. From this story.




I challenged Homer on the likelihood of the spider eating the bird thing. He insists that it is very likely.

"Don't you remember?" he asks, "We saw a spider as big as your head at Milla Milla?'

"No," I say. " If, and it is a very big if, I saw a spider that big I would remember running screaming from the area, and I don't."

"Oh," he replies helpfully, " Maybe you have repressed the memory."

1 comment:

slh35661 said...

Well, they do say trauma sometimes represses a memory. Maybe your husband is right. On the other hand, seems like someone would have remembered the scene of you running and screaming like a crazy woman yelling "SPIDER!!!"