Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's this?

I have no idea what this growth on my rambutan is. Those are normal leaves growing out of it. I've posted this picture here in the hope that some-one out there does! Do I need to cut it off? leave it alone?

It looks like a part of the tree but what the?

Going on my experiences so far in this part of the world it is something that can bite you, actually my theory is that it is a form of scar tissue on the trunk, but I am unable to find anything like it elsewhere on the web, so here's hoping.

3 comments:

AtYourCervix said...

I have no clue what it is - but it looks neat! I say, keep it as is.

slh35661 said...

Is it fungal?

Buddhist in Training said...

I wondered if it was fungal or parasitic, but I don't think it would have leaves growing out of it if it was. I'm clueless, but scar tissue does sound possible.